The names of the five Helicopter Anti-submarine Squadron (HS) 6 aircrew involved in the crash of a Navy HH-60 Seahawk helicopter the evening of May 19 were released May 21.It is not just our grandfathers and fathers we honor this weekend. Nor is it just this crew.
- Lt. Cmdr. Eric J. Purvis, 37, of Poway, Calif.
- Lt. Allison M. Oubre, 27, of Slidell, La.
- Naval Air Crewman 1st Class (AW/NAC) Samuel "Grant" Kerslake, 41, of Hot Springs, Ark.
- Naval Air Crewman 2nd Class (AW/NAC) Aaron L. Clingman, 25, of Bend, Ore.
- Naval Air Crewman 3rd Class (AW/NAC) Sean M. Ward, 20, of Lovelock, Nev.
Our friends, our classmates, our children, our grandchildren . . .
Say a little prayer, will you, sometime this weekend?