A 32-year-old woman was killed today when a tree crashed down on a house on Rock Quarry Road.There are a lot of ways to die, but this is going to skew the "killed by falling tree" column.
The victim, Sabrina Allen of Middlesex, was fatally injured late Sunday afternoon when a thunderstorm swept through the area and uprooted a large tree.
The tree, nearly 4-feet in diameter, crashed down on the home at 5332 Rock Quarry Road, shortly before 6 p.m., according to Jeffrey Hammerstein, district chief for Wake County EMS.
Leading causes of death 2006:
- Diseases of heart (heart disease)
- Malignant neoplasms (cancer)
- Cerebrovascular diseases (stroke)
- Chronic lower respiratory diseases
- Accidents (unintentional injuries)
- Diabetes mellitus (diabetes)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Influenza and pneumonia
- Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome and nephrosis (kidney disease)
- Intentional self-harm (suicide)
- Chronic liver disease and cirrhosis
- Essential hypertension and hypertensive renal disease (hypertension)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Assault (homicide)
That Bees Wasps and Hornets are twice as likely to kill you as Dogs!
But up higher is a scary one:
2)Pedestrian. I'm guessing it is Pedestrian [hit by car] right?
And not just walking accidents but walking accidents excluding Falls, which appear above. Yikes.
I do not see web-surfing on the list so I guess I can relax for the moment.