The twin-screw, diesel electric-powered submarine is about 30 meters long and about nine feet high from the deck plates to the ceiling. The sophisticated vessel also has a conning tower, periscope and air conditioning system.Worth noting:
- Interesting camouflage pattern and colors;
- Use of commercial off the shelf stuff - like the Humminbird depth finder mounted in the interior (I added a red arrow to point it out - click on the photos to enlarge);
- Simplicity of design - not building a nuke submarine here, but a tool that can be expended after a run;
- Report here says this sub "cost" $4 million to build;
- "Tear drop" shape-- my guess is someone bought a model kit on which to base this design.
Sri Lankan Tamil Tiger terrorist group - as seen back in 2009, as seen in the nearby photo: