Club-K Container Missile System is designated for hitting surface and land targets by 3М-54ТE, 3М-54ТE1 and 3М-14ТE cruise missiles.
Club-K Missile System can be installed on coastal positions, surface ships and vessels of different classes, railway and automobile platforms.
Club-K Missile System is housed in 40-feet standard marine container.
Functionally Club-K Missile System consists of Universal Launching Module (ULM), Combat Management Module (CMM) and Energy-Supply and Life-Support Module (ES&LSM).
The launcher with 4 missiles is housed in the Universal Launching Module. The ULM is designed for preparation and missile start-off from transport-launching containers.
Combat Management Module provides:
– every day servicing and scheduled missile control;
– receiving of target detection and commands to open fire
– combat support computation;
– pre-launch preparation;
– launch mission defining and cruise missile launching.
CMM and ES&LSM can be constructively arranged and made in the form of separate standard marine containers.
- Capability of usage from any land and sea platforms
- Efficiency of delivery and installation on carrier or coastal positions
- Hitting of surface and land targets
- Ability to increase the number of ammunition loads
Maximum range estimated to be 300 km (180 miles). See here.
Even with a conventional warhead not exactly the sort of "invention" the world really needs, is it? Toss on a biologic warhead and you have the potential for a real mess.
See also here.
And watch this video. (QuickTime)
The Heritage Foundation has a new video on missile defense "33 Minutes":
33 Minutes: Protecting America in the New Missile Age is a one-hour documentary produced by The Heritage Foundation that tells the story of the very real threat foreign enemies pose to every one of us. The truth is brutal - no matter where on Earth a missile is launched from it would take 33 Minutes or less to hit the U.S. target it was programmed to destroy.That "less" part is worrisome.
Here is the trailer: